COVID ANTIGEN TESTING WITH EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE
Antigen tests are an extra measure to help protect yourself and others from COVID-19. To register your interest in being contacted for a Covid Antigen test appointment in your preferred Healthwise Pharmacy (including certified EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) valid for travel outside of Ireland if negative), please book in now.
TRAVEL AND EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE
If you get a negative test you will receive an email with your EU Digital Covid Certificate. If you require this test for international travel please ensure you are familiar with the current requirements of the country you are entering. While some countries accept the results of rapid antigen tests (RATs) if taken less than 48 before arrival, others do not. It is your responsibility to book the test you require for your circumstances. Please be aware that the age requirement for testing of children also varies by country.
You will need to bring photo ID e.g. passport, driver’s licence or public services card to confirm identity.
Check the DFA website regularly for the latest travel information.
The cost of the test is €39.99 per person.
- Although the test has high sensitivity and specificity, it’s not 100 percent accurate and may give false-positive or false-negative results.
- If you test positive, this means that the COVID-19 virus was identified at the time of testing and you will be recommended to get a PCR test by the HSE.
- If you test negative, the result of your test will be submitted to the OGCIO for the purposes of producing an EU certificate. A negative result means that the COVID-19 virus was not identified in at the time of testing. It does not mean that you haven’t had COVID-19 or that you won’t develop the infection in the future.
- Healthwise Pharmacies will not be liable to you for any losses, costs or damages that you suffer or incur as a result of receiving a positive test result (including if you’re unable to travel abroad as a result of testing positive).
- Service is subject to appointment, specially trained staff and stock availability.